Welcome to the Pandawill Forum | Community for China Products Discussion.
    Panda Junior

Phantom touches on Paladin

I really like my Novo 7 Paladin. It is more than I had hoped for at such a low cost. It does epub books, email, calendar, contacts, light web surfing and angry birds. All fast and smooth!

It has a problem, though. Phantom touches appear on the screen. Sometimes there are many in a short time and other times there are a few. It is frustrating to have this on such a nice tablet. I hope PandaWill has some suggestions. Thank you.

Many people are experiencing this issue. Here are a couple youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aYFxb8Pies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X_hkpzWn6g

HELLO, i have the same problem randoms auto touch on the screen.
    i make a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz0sR...ature=youtu.be

i go back to factory senttings, and nothing. i format to android 4.0.3 and nothing.

Please help

HeSaid are you fix your paladin like Mike01 explains? i open the paladin and i see the cushions and the plastic with the holes, i made the holes little bigger.
    but the probles continuous... i making something wrong. you and mike says need clean the cushions? but how? sorry my english.
    Thanks!

Panda Junior
    @raikoh211
    We still have problem. Cleaning the cushions with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) did not help. We have determined that touches are caused by build up of heat. We are trying other things. Will update on forum.

I have seme problem and as far as i know ther is 2 different resons for it
    1- a cushins
    2 - is unnown but main differens is thet phantom tuches is ushualy appiars if the beckground is darck
    Did any one find solution on the problem if the cushion thing didn't help

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Tips by HeSaid for reducing phantom touches caused by rising temperature of the screen:
    1. Charge your Paladin when you are not using it.
    2. Keep screen brightness as low as possible.
    3. Turn wifi off if not needed.
    4. Use light colored wallpaper.
    5. Put Paladin in refrigerator for just a few minutes to stop the touches (not the freezer!)
    6. Avoid screens with black background such as settings when touches begin, unwanted switching on/off might happen.

Note that it only takes a few degrees to cause the touches to begin. Warmth can come from battery being charged, screen back light, wifi radio chip, air temperature, sun light. My Paladin is almost useless outdoors in the afternoons here in Florida, USA when the air temp goes over 80F (28C). I use it for hours every evening when the air temperature is lower.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    solution by kobayaschi is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

"When i set up all sliders to the max in SGS Touchscreen Booster the phantom touches disappears (the automatic renewing interval for me 1 mins).
    Sometimes, when i switch on the screen the phantom touches starts again, but as i see after 1 min the program resets something and the phantom bug flies away..

So SGS Touchscreen Booster everything to the max, auto apply on each minute.."

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Another situation by Ga6riel:
    "
    I'm 100% sure my Paladin phantom presses are static related.I found my Paladin got the phantom presses when I put it inside a protector the seller gave me. Also they hunt me when I put some woolen scarf in the same bag and the two get in contact. I clean it when that happens against my clothes to absorb the excess of static charges and the tablet works fine. There's some occasionally phantom presses not too often, but I feel it's under control.

I had a pretty rough time with the phantom presses the first weeks using the tablet. Once I couldn't even unlock the device, there was not a second without phantom presses and after I tried everything I plugged it to the computer and suddenly the problem stopped. That was the first clue."

As I know Android have system parameter of touchscreen sensitivity.
    Maybe in current firmware this parameter is set for very high sensitivity. Try to reset to factory defaults (via Settings).
    I will search how to fix it (build.prop changing).
    Last edited by RuslanMG; 03-29-2012 at 07:50 AM.