UPDATE GUIDE FOR OFFICIAL 2.3 GPAD FIRMWARE
How to install the firmware from an external SDCARD.
Warning: all data from the tablet will be lost. The internal drive will be repartitioned.
1. Download the file usbit.zip.
· Link to usbit.zip: http://www.4shared.com/file/-QxgXhET/usbit.html
2. Unpack usbit.zip on a folder. You will get the following files:
3. Insert a microSD card on your computer, of at least 1 GB.
4. Run “USB Image Tool.exe”.
5. Select from the top-left corner combo the Device Mode.
6. Select the microSD card.
7. Click Restore.
8. From the new window, select files of type *.img.gz and pick the file extsd.img.gz from the unpacked in the step 2.
9. Click Accept to agree to flash the image on the sdcard.
10. Check your tablet version. To do this you must go to your gpad, touch on Settings > About Phone > Build number (at the botttom). Check if somewhere says some like: GzCoTu, GuCoTis, GuCoTiz, GzCoTij, GzCoTiz, GuCoTij, GuCoTu, GzCoTis. You will need theses chars on step 11, to take one file.
11. Download the file to the desired firmware:
12. Unpack the downloaded file. You will see the following files:
13. Copy these files to the update folder inside the sdcard.
14. Swich off the tablet (if was powered on), and insert the sdcard prepared above.
15. Press the rocker UP + Power (rocker to volume up), retain pressed so you see yellow text and at this moment release it. The machine will boot from the external card and begins to flash.
16. When it finishes flashing, the tablet will be powered off automatically.
17. Power on the Gpad, wait a few minutes (first time it takes some time installing the system), and enjoy your new system.
PDF Guide: http://www.4shared.com/document/LFaJ...ucctions.html?
This guide is based on the post from vladigor user (at post http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=10072120),
from 4pda, russian forum. Great experts. Thanks for them!.
My experience of this firmware:
I have tested several versions of this firmware on my Gpad which is this: http://www.pandawill.com/es/gpad-gfo...ra-silver.html, second batch, with logo on the back, only wifi.
The only firmware where it works touchscreen is in HT_PAD1051_V2.4U1GuCoTu_Release.tar.bz2
But the sensor doesn't work, the screen is rotated 90º, the wifi doesn't work.
I hope, Gpad Company release a fully functional version of the firmware.
I hope it help, and i hope you help me.