Ok I had my tablet for a few weeks now so I thought I would write up about my likes and dislike of this tablet.
- The cost.
- Can be very easily be rooted.
- The Factory firmware is quite acceptable and most included apps works well including the Market.
- The size of the screen --big enough for an old guy like me to be able to read yet small enough to be carried around easily
- Speed is quite good and no lag in playing games (angry bird) or surfing the net, email etc ...
- Variety of ports available especially the USB port; so far I tried mouse, keyboard, USB memory Stick without any problems.
- Sound quality is acceptable considering it's a tablet; If I wanted high fidelity sound I would have bought an expensive music player instead.
- Battery life is quite acceptable especially if you are using your tablet mainly as a e-reader. While doing misceleanous activity (Web surfing, Playing games, reading) I easily get approximately 4 hours. More if using mainly for reading ebooks.
- The screen could be a little brighter.
- The screen view angle could be better; tablet must be hold at the proper angle to be clearly visible.
- Build quality is somewhat border line
- The camera completely useless and location is definitely not well thought out; it should be in the middle of the tablet
Now when I first got my tablet and start moving around on the screen I really started to get aggravated and a lot of cursing was going on especially since I was used to my kids Ipod touch. After a few days however I started to get the hang of it (mainly using nail and not pressing so hard) and I can now use it very smoothly without any problems. By the way I also curse at the Ipod touch, especially while typing I don't seem to be able to hit the right key with my fat finger. So all and all this is a pretty good resistive screen.
Please feel free to share your likes/dislike/experience on this tablet on this thread.