Welcome to the Pandawill Forum | Community for China Products Discussion.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

[ROM] Firmware for PD20 Great Version sku20581/ sku20542/ sku20463(post on 20121204)

I think many of you find there is no firmware for PD20 Great version sku20581/ sku20542/ sku20463 on the Freelander official download page.
    I asked the manufacturer, they said PD20 Great and PD10 Deluxe share the same firmware.
    You can download here

Instructions:

1. Install the VTC driver
    Go to folder"烧录工具"> folder vtc driver , you can see three drivers for diferent PC OS.
    Choose one and follow the installation wizard of your PC to install it.

2.Install the USB driver
    Switch off the tablet, connect it with PC via USB cable.
    keep the v+ pressed, keep the power key pressed, then realease them when the PC pops up "New device found"
    Choose "Install from a list or specific location", click next step. Browse the usb driver file in the folder "烧录工具". Click next step to continue.

3. Upgrade
    Run FWDN_V7_v2.22
    Select the three firmware file in the folder"PD10豪华 PD20大器K800三合一电脑升级固件0628" ,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QQ截图20121204173716.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	8273
    drag them to the update tool interface, as following picture shows:

Name:	tool.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	8270
    keep the power key for 5s to completely power off.
    Plug in the charger (to ensure enough power supply for undate)
    Hold the V+ , then power key.
    Release the keys when PC recognizes it.
    Then the Area Map will shows:

Name:	QQ截图20121204172629.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	8271

Click "start" to upgrade.
    It will finish upgrading 3min later.

Name:	QQ截图20121204172854.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	8272

Unplug the usb cable, press the power key for 5s to power off it , then boot it.

This is a great guide, thank you. Any idea why im getting this error?

Name:	pd20 error.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	8343
    I get this on step three when I plug the pd20 into the pc and open FWDN

Hi!
    You sould open FWDN first , drag the three files to FWDN, then plug the PD20 to PC.

I've tried that but when i try to add the 3 files into FWDN the FWDN interface does not change(does not show that the files have been added) ive tried to add the files individually with the "...." button then selected each file and click on the "add file" button and still nothing. I've also tried to just drag the 3 files into the FWDN window and nothing. for some reason it will not add the files to the list on FWDN with or without the pd20 connected. Ive tried this on a windows 7 x64 pc as well as a windows 7 32bit pc. do you need to use windows xp or run FWDN in incompatibility mode?
    Also could you possibly go a little more in depth on the driver installation? It seems like when I plug the pd20 into the computer 2 devices show up in the device manager. one device is unknown and one device is "Telechips tcc892x VTC USB Driver". So im guessing the vct driver is ok. but what about the unknown device. what I did was right click on the unknown device from device manager, click "update driver software" then clicked "browse my computer for driver software" then when i select the "browse" button and pic the drivers folder and check the include subfolders and click next it says driver could not be found. then i tried to click "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", then show all devices, then clicked "have disk". from there i selected the folder that has the usb driver and selected the file in the folder. it then asked what type of device is it Android ADB device, Android bootloader interface, or Android composite ADB device. I choose Android ADB Interface and it seemed to work. Should i have installed that a different way?

Hello !
    I think you couldn't select the files and drivers because you didn't extract the zip.
    and pls reflash with winxp PC ,

About the driver installation:

install the vtc driver ,
    double click Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QQ截图20121213161611.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	8347 -> next -> finish

install usb driver
    After plug the tablet into the PC and it finds new device, click"browse my computer for driver software" then select

Name:	QQ截图20121213162232.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	8348 in the i386 folder to install it.

okay i'll give that a try thank you so much again!

I still cannot get any driver to work, xp machine & win7 64bit pc.

When you install the vct driver, where does it install it? so I can search for the file/folder when pd20 looks for it?

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by joemill453 View Post
    This is a great guide, thank you. Any idea why im getting this error?

Name:	pd20 error.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	8343
    I get this on step three when I plug the pd20 into the pc and open FWDN
    same problem, i set also compatibility mode to windows xp and execute it as administrator ...

I don't get a red screen like that, mines just blank.

Is there anyone in the west midlands got the driver to work, that I could visit & use their pc?

Roy

joemill453,Roycollingwood,spike82
    Pls check your email.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast