Welcome to the Pandawill Forum | Community for China Products Discussion.

freelander pd20 - roms?

Hello,

I ordered yesterday the tablet freelander pd20.
    I want to know if roms are optimized for, so i can upgrade the device to 4.1?
    In addition, you can explain to me what the difference between PD10 to PD20
    Also, is it possible to root the version that comes with the device.
    And regardless, Id love to hear some criticism of the device, those who already use it.

Thank you

Welcome, Azriel18.

The tablet should come with 4.0.3; next upgrade would be 4.0.4 if there is one. 4.1 would be awhile, quite awhile. In fact, other than the official google tablet Nexus7, plus a few hack, there is no 4.1 device out there (Cube just released theres but it has more bug than ROM at this stage)

PD20 = PD10 + auto accessories up till may, now i think it is a different unit; I agree it is confusing

Rooting is straight forward.

Criticism? Almost unheard of. Oh well, there is always room for improvement, just read the forum. Always remember, the satisfy ones wont post, the posted ones are not satisfy. So do not use posting to gauge a product.

bun

Hi there,

Dear bunanson, I think that by "criticism" azriel18 is talking about opinions and comments from the ones who already have been using this tablet.

You're totally right when you say that it's easier to see threads about determinate products from not satisfied people, but some people also like to share information when they think they found something great. For example, I decided to start buying in Pandawill and these Link-Create's Freelanders because of some threads/reviews in other forums. Unfortunatelly I started my relationship with Pandawill with the left foot, receiving a defective unit in my first order, as you know.

By the way, do you know why my thread has been moved to this forum? It is true that I'm having a problem with my PD10 Ultimate unit, but I think that maybe it was better classified in "Pandawill Help Center forum" because I'm still waiting for a response from Customers Service. Not sure, just asking.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
    Welcome, Azriel18.

The tablet should come with 4.0.3; next upgrade would be 4.0.4 if there is one. 4.1 would be awhile, quite awhile. In fact, other than the official google tablet Nexus7, plus a few hack, there is no 4.1 device out there (Cube just released theres but it has more bug than ROM at this stage)

PD20 = PD10 + auto accessories up till may, now i think it is a different unit; I agree it is confusing

Rooting is straight forward.

Criticism? Almost unheard of. Oh well, there is always room for improvement, just read the forum. Always remember, the satisfy ones wont post, the posted ones are not satisfy. So do not use posting to gauge a product.

bun
    Thank you bunanson.

Updates come from the manufacturer (freelander), or private developers as cm10?
    When you say that PD20 is the same as PD10, that means you can install the firmware of PD10 on PD20?

When I said "Criticism" I was going to review, how the device works, does the gps get quickly fix, and things like that.

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by azriel18 View Post
    When you say that PD20 is the same as PD10, that means you can install the firmware of PD10 on PD20?
    yes, I installed the firmware PD10 Deluxe w/ GPS (the April version) on PD20 using FWND, then upgraded to 20120619 from the NAND from the file update.zip

thanks >ORG@niZM< post, glad to know one can flash PD20 with PD10 ROM.

bun

Hi there all, first of all, sorry for my english.
    For everyone who is considering of buying a freelander pd20, don't , just don't. I have ordered a freelander pd20 tv version and after not just one month the problems started. First of all, the tablet started to move slowly, that was ok, not such a big deal. After that, I wanted to put a sd card. When I've done this, the tablet just "broke", it recognised the sd card for 2 or 3 days and after that I received a message with "usb storage might be damaged, you might want to reformat it". I tried everything, formating the sd card, installing new software on the tablet, factory reset, basicly everything that you can think of, nothing worked. Still, it wasn't such a big problem, I could use the internal storage. Now, and the final problem : it won't start, it remains at the screen with that android, and I can not even start it with - / + and start button to make a factory reset, maybe it will work again.
    So yeah, I've just buyed a 100$ piece of shitty.

My advice, if you want to buy this tablet, don't, just don't.
    Don't waste your money on this shit.