Welcome to the Pandawill Forum | Community for China Products Discussion.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willPanda View Post
    Thanks.
    Tested the ROM but wifi still got issue. After standby for sometime the problem surface again. Got to off and on the wifi then it can see all the SSID and get connected.
    Last edited by jeffteo; 08-21-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffteo View Post
    Thanks.
    Tested the ROM but wifi still got issue. After standby for sometime the problem surface again. Got to off and on the wifi then it can see all the SSID and get connected.
    I think this problem is more with android itself than Cube. Many people had problems with WiFi not starting automatically after deep-sleep mode. Some even have problems of Cube reseting itself when in deep-sleep mode. The fastest way to do it is to have a widget with power/wifi option on the main screen - then just 2 clicks and network is up again.
    I hope they will sort it in next updates, because as WillPanda said, this firmware is still in beta state and there are still many problems to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyPL View Post
    I think this problem is more with android itself than Cube. Many people had problems with WiFi not starting automatically after deep-sleep mode. Some even have problems of Cube reseting itself when in deep-sleep mode. The fastest way to do it is to have a widget with power/wifi option on the main screen - then just 2 clicks and network is up again.
    I hope they will sort it in next updates, because as WillPanda said, this firmware is still in beta state and there are still many problems to fix.
    Nah. My Galaxy SII and ainol tablet never have this wifi issue.

Hi Corey !

I would expect an Android problem would affect every U30GT. It must be either a hardware change or defective hardware !

If new firmware (driver fix) solves the problem then it would appear the WiFi hardware has changed ...
    Last edited by colinm_au; 08-22-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Nah. My Galaxy SII and ainol tablet never have this wifi issue.
    I've meant Android on Cube. It looks like it is far from being polished. Maybe power states are poorly configured.

Quote Originally Posted by colinm_au View Post
    Hi Corey !
    I would expect an Android problem would affect every U30GT. It must be either a hardware change or defective hardware !
    If new firmware (driver fix) solves the problem then it would appear the WiFi hardware has changed ...
    All of the RK3066 motherboards, not only in U30GT have RK903 chipsets that can handle WiFi/BT and FM transmissions. I highly doubt Rockchip would change it. I agree, that if different versions of firmware, including the latest 1.05H are not working, it would appear that hardware is defected. Still, I would attribute WiFi not waking up after deep sleep to wrong configuration of android. Rockchip has to work harder and make better SDK. WiFi not working correctly even in normal conditions is almost always hardware defect.

Hi WillPanda,

There is new 1.06H/1.10W official firmware on the Cube's web page. Could you please reedit first post with fresh links and make a mirror on the forum for faster downloads?

Change log:
    • Fix TF card mount
    • Fix HDMI hibernation may not be able to wake

Links:
    1.06H: http://www.51cube.net/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=67
    1.10W: http://www.51cube.net/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=66

WillPanda, any OEM version of the ROM for JB coming out soon? it better be based on the version 1.06H.

Anyway. I still have the Wifi deep sleep problem after updating to the latest 1.06H.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyPL View Post
    Hi WillPanda,

There is new 1.06H/1.10W official firmware on the Cube's web page. Could you please reedit first post with fresh links and make a mirror on the forum for faster downloads?

Change log:
    • Fix TF card mount
    • Fix HDMI hibernation may not be able to wake
    Links:
    1.06H: http://www.51cube.net/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=67
    1.10W: http://www.51cube.net/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=66
    It is done.
    http://www.pandawillforum.com/showth...for-Cube-U30GT

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    WillPanda, any OEM version of the ROM for JB coming out soon? it better be based on the version 1.06H.

Anyway. I still have the Wifi deep sleep problem after updating to the latest 1.06H.
    Sorry, no Jelly Bean ROM for OEM version till now. I found Cube U30GT-H Android 4.1 JB rooted firmware at XDA froum.

"I have built a custom firmware for the
    Cube U30GT-H model (H only) which provides full root and default language to English rather than Chinese.

This firmware is based on the stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware 1.05H from Cube.

Firmware download: kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-01.zip (direct link)
    More details here

Flash with Rockchip flasher 1.5 (for RK3066 tablets)"

Is there a JellyBean firmware upgrade for Cube U30GT with only English apps? Some of my apps are all in Chinese and therefore I have no idea what they are or what the settings are. Sorry if this is a repeat question, i searched and was unable to find the answer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast