Welcome to the Pandawill Forum | Community for China Products Discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Help! "Camera error - can't connect to camera."

Hi Everybody!

Please help me. I just bought a PD10 Deluxe tablet on eBay and as soon as it arrived, it's camera is not working. Whenever I open the camera by clicking on it's icon an error message is displayed as "Camera error - can't connect to camera.". I've attached a snapshot of the error.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera error.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	7488

This is my first tablet, in fact, this is my first android product. I don't know a thing about rooting, flashing etc.. I am now tired of visiting all the forums out there for the past 5 days, looking for some help on this. Please some onn help me on this. The tablet has two cameras; one front - 0.3MP, other rear 2MP.

In the about MID settings of my tab the following information is displayed:-

Model number:-
    SXZ-PDX0-01

Android Version:-

Kernel Version:-
    3.08-tcc
    yfhuang@kf-mid #124

Build number:-
    full_m805_892x_evm-userdebug 4.0.3 SXZ-PDX0 eng.
    yfhuang.20120428.150408 test-keys

This is all I know. Please some one help me on this.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that. Have you tried to update it with firmware?
    http://www.pandawillforum.com/showth...amp-OTA-Update

when I click on the download link, it opens a pop-up. I don't know Chinese, but I think it's asking for registration. Please see the attached image.

Name:	error while downloading.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	7490

Please help me on this. If possible please provide a direct link to the update on sites like rapidshare or any other.

Thanks

What is the model you bought? Is it the one with GPS? If it is that one I can give you a link to the update. The process is easy. You download the file and copy the file on your flash drive (also known as internal SD drive) in the root or on a micro SD card that will go in the tablet's micro SD socket. After that from Settings, About MID, first section is Software update and when you touch that will give the option to install from internal SD or from external SD. Some other guys might have the latest firmware for your version of the tablet, so wait and see. Here is the link (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50683528/update.zip), but IT IS ONLY FOR THE TABLET WITH 1GB RAM, 8GB FLASH AND GPS! iNSTALLING ON A DIFFERENT DEVICE WILL NOT WORK!
    Last edited by ion54; 07-31-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: adding info

Thanks for the link. Yes I have the PD10 - the one with 1GB RAM, 8GB Flash and GPS. After downloading, when I try to install it from recovery by pressing Vol - and Power buttons, it again gives an error. The error is as following:-

-- Install /sdcard ...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

Please check the snapshot below:-

Name:	installation error.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	7492

I searched endlessly again for this error also, but couldn't find anything useful or something which I understand. My tablet is now the center of joke for my friends.

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Did you try updating over the air? There is an icon in the applications screen named System Update. When connected to wifi you can verify if you have the latest software version. If a newer version is available the tablet should download it and install it. That's how I updated mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ion54 View Post
    What is the model you bought? Is it the one with GPS? If it is that one I can give you a link to the update. The process is easy. You download the file and copy the file on your flash drive (also known as internal SD drive) in the root or on a micro SD card that will go in the tablet's micro SD socket. After that from Settings, About MID, first section is Software update and when you touch that will give the option to install from internal SD or from external SD. Some other guys might have the latest firmware for your version of the tablet, so wait and see. Here is the link (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50683528/update.zip), but IT IS ONLY FOR THE TABLET WITH 1GB RAM, 8GB FLASH AND GPS! iNSTALLING ON A DIFFERENT DEVICE WILL NOT WORK!

Hey! I downloaded the update.zip file again from your link and this time I was successful in upgrading the tablet (I even checked it in the About section). Thanks for that. However, This still didn't solved the Camera error problem and I'm still unable to open the camera. Any other suggestions or fixes?

Thanks

I would say the tablet has a hardware issue and that means sending it back for repair or replacement. I don't know how expensive is the shipping back. That is the risk of buying from internet: you are not able to walk back to the store and get it sorted out. On the other hand you get a good price, so it is a matter of luck. I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

Quote Originally Posted by ion54 View Post
    ...I don't know how expensive is the shipping back....

From USA, about $13 1st class mail from ND to China, not parcel, added $11 for registration.

bun

can you try some other camera app from the store and see if it works?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FpbGx1c2lvbiJd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast