Welcome to the Pandawill Forum | Community for China Products Discussion.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    When saying USB charger, do you mean you are actually charging through MICRO USB CONNECTOR?
    sean

  2. #32

    Question for NEONTOPE

    Quote Originally Posted by Neontope View Post
    Seems like the battery in mine is just a pos. Got a new charger today and the results are the same as using the supplied charger. Either the battery simply isnt holding a charge or the connection between the battery and the tablet is at fault. Doesn't look like I'll be able to replace the battery either since it seems to be stuck down with some incredibly strong sticky tape.
    Hi, since you've opened it, I have a question, There's a guy on Amazon (http://goo.gl/syZvj) claiming it has a HD. Did you see anything looking like HD?
    sean
    Last edited by dusko0224; 07-07-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: typo

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dusko0224 View Post
    When saying USB charger, do you mean you are actually charging through MICRO USB CONNECTOR?
    sean
    No. I am using the nokia tip adapter, the adapter hooked to either an ac usb adapter or a regular usb plug. I have NOT charged the PD10 via the microUSB port. NO.

    bun

  4. #34
    Hello lads,
    got my Freelander PD10 through about 3 days ago. it was all going fine until today, when it decided it wouldn't charge! (using a Chinese-> UK travel adaptor supplied with it)

    Had the back off, nothing obvious wrong, all wires attached (altho i don't have a multimeter handy to check voltages). had the charger to bits, definitely live (or it was anyway, since i got a nasty shock from forgetting to discharge the caps before touching it).

    Checked the product info for the freelander on amazon and a few other places seem to say it has a 2.5mm charging plug, but on here I see you guys saying 2mm? So, which is it lol since ive just ordered a 2.5mm plug off ebay (before i found this), since thats what Amazon and some other sites say the PD10 uses, which im guessing is wrong and ive just wasted £11

    *edit
    It's not a *charging* issue, the charger isnt being picked up when plugged in, as if it's dead. Tablet was working fine before, and it has only been run off the mains since i got it, so its doubtful a battery issue. Im thinking dead charger
    Last edited by MattWork; 07-09-2012 at 01:46 AM.

  5. #35
    I am using my old Nokia phone charger, whatever it is. I got 3 Nokia chargers, ALL 3 are able to charge PD10. In America, one can go to any Dollar tree, just looke for Nokia phone charger/car charger. The most is $2.99. Or go Radioshack, probably $5.99.

    It is a 2.06 mm tip, http://www.usbfever.com/index_eprodu...oducts_id=1226

    bun
    Last edited by bunanson; 07-09-2012 at 11:48 PM.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by dusko0224 View Post
    Hi, since you've opened it, I have a question, There's a guy on Amazon (http://goo.gl/syZvj) claiming it has a HD. Did you see anything looking like HD?
    sean
    It doesnt have a HD.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by dusko0224 View Post
    When saying USB charger, do you mean you are actually charging through MICRO USB CONNECTOR?
    sean
    yes, i use a charger similar to this:



    it will only charge through micro usb when it is powered off

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by MattWork View Post
    Hello lads,
    got my Freelander PD10 through about 3 days ago. it was all going fine until today, when it decided it wouldn't charge! (using a Chinese-> UK travel adaptor supplied with it)

    Had the back off, nothing obvious wrong, all wires attached (altho i don't have a multimeter handy to check voltages). had the charger to bits, definitely live (or it was anyway, since i got a nasty shock from forgetting to discharge the caps before touching it).

    Checked the product info for the freelander on amazon and a few other places seem to say it has a 2.5mm charging plug, but on here I see you guys saying 2mm? So, which is it lol since ive just ordered a 2.5mm plug off ebay (before i found this), since thats what Amazon and some other sites say the PD10 uses, which im guessing is wrong and ive just wasted £11

    *edit
    It's not a *charging* issue, the charger isnt being picked up when plugged in, as if it's dead. Tablet was working fine before, and it has only been run off the mains since i got it, so its doubtful a battery issue. Im thinking dead charger
    try using a micro usb charger (see pic from previous post)while tablet is powered off and see if that charges it. mine doesnt charge with any 2mm tip chargers for some reason...I ordered the car adapter with the 2mm tip, will test it out when i recieve it..... if that doesnt work i'll just get a nexus 7.. much better specs... it costs twice as much, but you know you will receive a quality product..unlike ordering from china which is like playing russian roulette, and dont have to worry about receiving a brick that you have to pay a crazy amount of money to ship back to china.
    Last edited by se5tu; 07-11-2012 at 06:40 AM.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by dusko0224 View Post
    Hi, since you've opened it, I have a question, There's a guy on Amazon (http://goo.gl/syZvj) claiming it has a HD. Did you see anything looking like HD?
    sean
    i would say with 99% certainty that it is flash memory, although i hear the same sort of noises coming from my pd10 as described in that review
    Last edited by se5tu; 07-11-2012 at 06:42 AM.

  10. #40
    Recent ROm 20120619 fixed the charge problem. menu>system update>detect version> dl and install, and let reboot a couple of time. Done. Battery charged to 100% and no more battery leak.

    bun


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •